Thursday, June 01, 2006

@ toronto

was stuck at the airport for 2.5 hrs bcoz of the thunderstorm... read like 50 pages of tuesday w/ morrie.
wanna quote from this book of what morrie said:

there are a few rules i know to be true abt love and marriage:
if you don't respect the other person, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
If you don't know how to compromise, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
If you can't talk openly about what goes on between you, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
And if you don't have a common set of values in life, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
Your values must be alike.

the biggest one of those values: your belief in the importance of your marriage.

guess.. i m a trouble maker.... or.. better say, i've been troubled too.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Hope I will meet a professor like Morrie in B-School. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean I want to see people get sick and die. I'm referring to the side of Morrie that is so giving and inspiring.

Also, did you know there was/is going to be stage play adaptation of Tuesday? I remember the Granville Island Stage was going to do it. Not sure if it's happened yet.

The dialogs in the book makes for some pretty good drama.

言西早 said...

I guess your past experience taught you a lot, right?