Friday, March 05, 2010

Sweet Grade 2 Experience 1

The school board sent me to a grade 2 classroom and honey told me to give it a try because it should be similar to teaching the kids in church

okay, so I went for to days and it turns out to be a sweet and memorable experience.

The grade 2, the 7-8 years old , is a group of children who is so cute.

One boy would come to you and tell you that he has to water the plant. He's responsible for watering it everyday. Later I found out it's a plant his mother gave the teacher. But seriously, it's over-watering!

Another boy would come to you at story time:

Ben: I can read the story for you. I can read really well
Me: okay, thank you. But I'll read it.
Ben: If you need help, I am here right beside you. And I can help when you need me.
Me: okay.
Ben: Okay. (Start looking around at other students and stand beside me)
Me: Ben, sit down.
Ben (whisper): okay

Throughout the story-telling time, he kept whispering the words beside my ear to help me pronounce it.

No comments: