I crashed my car last sunday. I back up in a one-way parking lot and my friend came from the wrong direction and I crashed his car. I asked ICBC if the *wrong* way count. ICBC searched for past cases and found this:
In the decision, the court found that even though there were arrows in the parking lot, they were not considered to be "traffic control devices" as defined by the Motor Vehicle Act. Additionally, there was evidence that it was common practice for vehicles to go against the direction of the arrows. Though it may sound strange, it seems like the court found that as more people disobeyed the sign, the more it meant that the sign was not a "traffic control device" as defined by the Motor Vehicle Act.
What's *truth*? What is *right*? What is *correct*? What is *Justice*?
As a result, I am 100% liable. I am physically fine. My car will get a new pat pat finally. =D
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment