I asked such a question in the unit test after i taught my students on fluid, density, forces, and pressure.
Answer:
- When astronauts burp in space, I think it will go on forever like a never-ending echo because of the lack of gravity. However, I also think no sound will come out because there is no pressure. In conclusion, I think nothing will happen.
- I predict that if astronauts burp in space, the burp would last a lot longer because there is no gravity as there is nothing pressing down on it.
- If tehy are wearing a space suit, nothing major would happen, as if they burped on earth. If they aren't wearing a space suit, they are long dead from their body particles trying to spread.
- I think that when they burp, a little gas bubble will come out of their mouths.
- I think when the astronauts burp in space, the burp spreads around their whole ship and tries to get out of the ship, just like the rest of the air.
- The force of burp would push them back.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm curious, what's the correct answer, teacher?
Post a Comment